Why I teach
- I teach to impact the lives of my students by helping them to become confident, self-motivating, lifelong learners that are prepared for life after school.
- I teach for the opportunity to give back and be involved in the community in a positive way.
- I teach for the excitement, energy, and creativity that occurs every day, both in the teaching and in the learning.
HOW I TEACH
- Personalize Instruction
- Create engaging and authentic lessons
- Use a variety of instruction
- Create a safe, judgement-free classroom
- 21st century teaching methods including instructional technology
My promise to students
- Students will have personalized instruction based on their unique learning style.
- Students will learn at their own pace.
- Students will use creativity.
- Students will be respected and valued.
My goals for students
- To become lifelong learners with a love for learning.
- To build confidence through success.
- To become intrinsically motivated to persevere and learn.
- To gain the necessary skills to succeed in the 21st century, global world.
- To generate a passion for discovery.
Classroom Strategies I Utilize
- Personalized instruction
- Media driven
- Inquiry-based instruction
- Cooperative learning
- Project-based learning
- Higher order questioning
- Instructional Strategies
Teaching 21st Century Skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Information, media and technology skills
- Career and life skills
Teaching 21st Century Themes
- Global awareness
- Financial, economic, business and entrepreneurial literacy
- Civic literacy
- Health literacy
- Environmental literacy